FANDOM


Two types of weather are implemented in AWBW: Snow and Rain. During rain, sight of all units is reduced one space (minimum of 1). Two COs, Drake and Olaf, have powers that can change the weather during a game. When creating a game, a user can choose weather options as Clear, Rain, Snow, and Random. During random conditions there is a 10% chance for rain, 10% chance for snow, and 80% chance for clear weather to occur every turn. During random weather, Drake has an additional 5% chance of rain occuring (15% rain, 5% snow). Note that the weather has a chance to update during every player's turn, not at the beginning of every day. Therefore, games with many players are subject to worse weather, as all weather lasts one day and resets once the game returns to the player whose turn the weather started on.

Below is a table of the movement costs for each unit in these conditions.

Rain

Movement Type Plain Mountain Woods Rivers

Roads

Sea Shoal Reefs Cities Bases Airports Ports Silos

Towers

Labs HQs Pipes
Foot 1 2 1 2 1 - 1 - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
Boot 1 1 1 1 1 - 1 - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
Treads 2 - 3 - 1 - 1 - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
Tires 3 - 4 - 1 - 1 - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
Air 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
Sea - - - - - 1 - 2 - - - 1 - - - - -
Lander - - - - - 1 1 2 - - - 1 - - - - -
Pipe - - - - - - - - - 1 - - - - - - 1


Snow

Movement Type Plain Mountain Woods Rivers

Roads

Sea Shoal Reefs Cities Bases Airports Ports Silos

Towers

Labs HQs Pipes
Foot 2 4 2 2 1 - 1 - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
Boot 1 2 1 1 1 - 1 - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
Treads 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
Tires 3 - 3 - 1 - 1 - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -
Air 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 -
Sea - - - - - 2 - 2 - - - 2 - - - - -
Lander - - - - - 2 1 2 - - - 2 - - - - -
Pipe - - - - - - - - - 1 - - - - - - 1