Grit is a Blue Moon CO that specializes in Indirect Combat, but has considerably weaker Direct Combat units.
Grit is an indirect combat specialist, capable of outranging and outdamaging enemy indirects day-to-day. His direct units, while weak offensively, have good enough defense to defend his indirects, leading to situations where trying to attack a well-positioned clump of his indirects, infantry, and tanks is futile due to the heavy indirect counterattacks.
The only known counterstrategies to Grit are:
- Trying to disrupt him early so he cannot build a decent mass of indirects
- Picking offensive COs with the potential to destroy the meatshields deployed for his indirects
Day-to-day Effects: All of Grit's Indirect Combat units have 20% increased offense and +1 Range, but all of his Direct Combat units have 20% decreased offense. Grit's foot soldiers are average.
Grit's indirects vastly outrange and outdamage indirect units of any other CO, an advantage that usually gets him banned in serious games. However, if he is unbanned and picked...
- Build a lot more artillery and infantry than usual. A coherent group of infantry will be able to protect artillery and move in on objectives with support from indirects.
- Rocket units are often unnecessary unless it's a Grit mirror match, or the enemy tries to counter with rockets himself; outside of that, artillery units are sufficient for the job due to their extra range.
- Use Snipe Attack to snipe (heh) units just outside artillery range. Super Snipe does not provide any more attack boost, and is therefore used only to hit very well-protected enemy units.
- Grit takes a while to ramp up; build tanks to cover areas in the early game and counter Anti-Air spam, or Anti-Airs to deal with B-Copters (whenever missiles are not enough). Later in the game, they still have some use as meatshields or cleanup.
- Watch out for COs like Grimm, Max, Eagle, or Jess trying to rip through meatshields and into the indirects, especially with powers. Anti-Air spam can also be done by the enemy for the same effect. Provide extra layers of shielding when necessary. Alternatively, Tanks can be used to better protect the indirects.
- Despite Grit's direct-unit weakness, he can still put up a decent fight with 100/100 footsoldiers. Fighting with footsoldiers is a good, albeit suboptimal, option.