Welcome to the Glossary. If you want a term defined or you're unsure on how to define a term that you think is useful for other AWBW players, please leave a comment and a more experienced member will add it for you.
Editor's note: Please don't add nonsense, it makes our community look bad, thanks!
The format used will be: Term goes here - definition goes here.
- AAA - Amarriner
- A-Air - Anti-Air
- AB - Amber Blaze
- Active Player
- AET - Auto End Turn - When the Max Turn Timer reaches zero the turn of the player ends automatically. AET can be avoided by finishing your turn or by setting vacation mode
- AR - Acid Rain
- Art - Artillery
- BD - Brown Desert
- BH - Black Hole
- Black Tiles - 0 Movement Power Tiles or Teleport Tiles because they provide free movement.
- Blandie - COs with no Day-To-Day ability. Ex. Andy
- Blocking - restricting your opponent's options by using your own unit as an obstruction. Ex. Blocking a base to prevent production
- Boot - When the Total Time hits 0, or if AET occurs without any moves being made, the player loses the game automatically. Can be prevented if all active players click on Pause Timer (Total Time is not stopped by Vacation Mode)
- Broken - Too strong for standard play between two or more similar skill players
- Broken 5 - Kanbei, Sensei, Grit, Colin, and Hachi
- BM - Blue Moon
- CI - Cobalt Ice
- CO - Commanding Officer
- COP - Commanding Officer Power
- Day-to-Day - The abilities of a CO when not under the effect of CO Powers
- D2D - See Day-to-Day
- FoW - Fog of War
- Flood - producing nothing but one type of unit
- FTA - First Turn Advantage, the advantage given to player 1 by being first to play. Ex. Being able to produce the first tank or reaching a certain amount of income first.
- FTA Counter - The advantage given to player 2 to balance out FTA, typically an extra pre-owned city or infantry
- GE - Green Earth
- Ghost Unit - unit from a non-participating country that disappears upon the start of a game. Typically used to stop production from a given facility.
- GS - Grey Sky
- HF - High Funds
- Increment - The amount of Total Time added to a player when their turn begins
- Inf - Infantry
- Infantry Hop - the use of infantry and sometimes APC/T-copters to increase your capture phase efficiency Ex. moving infantry #1 that has already captured last turn to a further neutral city and having infantry #2 who is next in line capture the city infantry #1 was on.
- Joke Map - map designed for non-competitive reasons
- JS - Jade Sun
- Leapfrogging - using an APC or Transport Helicopter to effectively transport 2 infantry at the same time.
- LF - Low Funds
- Max Turn Timer - The maximum amount of time a player may take before their turn is ended automatically (See: AET)
- Meatshield - A unit placed at a particular position to protect your more important units Ex. Infantry protecting Artillery
- Mech Flood - When a player produces a disproportionate amount of mechs turn after turn
- Neo - Neotank
- OHKO - One-Hit KO, killing a unit in one hit
- OS - Orange Star
- PC - Pink Cosmos
- PL - Purple Lightning
- Playtest - Playing a game on a map to check for balance
- STA - Second Turn Advantage, advantage for moving second on a map
- Self-Voter - map maker votes on their own maps
- SCOP - Super Commanding Officer Power
- T1-Tier 1. Also applies for Tiers 2, 3, 4, and 0, with 0 being the Broken Tier. Most often seen with Z-Games
- Terrain Variety - enough terrain to provide interesting matches
- TG - Teal Galaxy
- Total Time - The total amount of time a player has for a game. If this hits 0, the player loses automatically (See: Boot)
- Vacation mode - You can go into vacation mode for a maximum of 2 weeks. in vacation mode, the Max Turn Timer is paused (but not the Total Time). Vacation mode will end if the player actively unsets the vacation mode, the time runs out or if any game relevant action is taken (e.g. moving a unit, building a unit, firing). (Note that choosing a CO is not counted as such a vacation ending action). At the end of the vacation mode the Max Turn Time for all games will be set to 7 days which should allow you to continue playing your games.
- WN - White Nova
- YC - Yellow Comet
- Z-Game - A game automatically created on a 2-player map that anyone can join